Monday, June 30, 2008

Doctor, doctor

After 3 weeks nursing a bad cough (which I thought was getting better much to the contrary of Jai and Shan's belief), it finally got worse. And to add the icing on the cake, I started having a mild sore throat and running nose. I knew where this was heading. Previous experiences have taught me dearly not to ignore it. It ALWAYS ends up with me running a high fever that can only be treated with a needle through the arm. Fuck. No way I'm gonna let that happen. So finally after weeks of having my ears bleed to my mum's nagging and my band mates' bitching, I finally paid the doctors a visit. A doctor, actually, and he's probably the least hairiest Bhaai I've met. Bald.

Baldy: So what's your problem?
Hairy: I've been having a bad cough for the past 2 weeks (BULLSHIT!!!) and it just got worst, plus I'm having a sore throat and a running nose.
Baldy: Are you feeling feverish?
Hairy: Well I was running a slight fever last night but it looks OK for now.
Baldy: Do you smoke?
Hairy: Heavily (and yes, this one liner was my real answer)
Baldy: There, THAT'S your problem.
Hairy: (As if I didn't know and needed a bald doctor to tell me about it) OK.
Baldy: I'm gonna put you on antibiotics and some phlegm pills and cough mixture, and you have to stop smoking for the next few days.
Hairy: Ok, I'll try my best.

After paying the bill I went back to the office and was about to get started with my medication, but wait....let me have my last stick first........








It's officially been 35 minutes since I had my last stick...

2 comments:

Kevin said...

i'll put your last stick at 750pm on june 30th. when's the next one? and i've seen people getting real fat when they quit smokin.

anyway, good luck for the gig

cheers

Anonymous said...

Your last stick will be the stick that broke the Ceylon bastard's back.