Friday, April 11, 2008

Life so far..........

Has got me having mixed feelings. A jobless bum for a good three months but things are better now. Finally got a job (which I seem to enjoy despite working late on a few occasions) and that has taken a good load off my back. It's only been three weeks but something tells me I'm gonna like this job on the long run. Watching youtube has been mandatory, shooting darts in the pantry (is it even one?), and watching the designers race against time with their work trying very hard to meet the deadlines. Yes, working life is pretty fun I guess.

But along with the joy I'm having, I realised I'm losing out on several other things that made my life, MY LIFE. Evening soccer with the idiots every evening, hanging out at coffee shops into the wee hours of the morning, catching the latest movies without fail and making fun of the latest Chinaman trend (hairstyles, dressing etc) seems to be missing from my schedule for the past three weeks. I definitely would like to resume my daily routine but then again, sacrifices have to be made. I could go back to being a bum but then who's gonna pay the bills? You? Fuck off!

Working life is definitely a new phase for me. A step into proper manhood (yes I know all the hair on me are sufficient proof, but still?) I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoy my former throne in the kingdom of late nights and smoky air. It's the people of BN that make it all worthwhile - they'll go all out to help (well, unless they're obscenely fat retards).

It's a great place to learn things at a miserably slow pace, but trust me, a year or so there will prepare you for the dizzying heights of documents and deadly deadlines in a larger agency.