Sunday, August 17, 2008

Goodbye My Friend

Well Kirthi, my friend, it's been what? 8 years since we've known each other? Such a long time we've been mates and the fact that you're leaving just saddens me. What rips the jugular is the fact that you'll leave in the company of a few men in blue to spend your life in a cage. This, I never did expect for the very least.

Years ago, seeing two kids run down a street while kicking a ball around in what would have looked like a suicide attempt with all those cars and trucks passing by, I never knew I'd actually forge a friendship with you ever since.

What an innocent boy you were, barely knowing how to kick a ball properly. I still remember how you and your brother would fight for the ball and try to outwit each other. It was a circus of comedies in fact, you and your brother.

But as years passed by, we became friends, football buddies, teammates, beerheads and um...relations? The last one was a big suprise to me. 8 years of knowing each other and none of us knew we were related. And how does the relationship go? You're supposed to be my uncle? Damn it, you're 19 and I'm 24, I'm never gonna allow that to happen. Not when you're still a naive kid who can't really play well with his drinks. No siree.

And despite how busy we are, we'll always make time for the mamak, along with the rest of our famed club, Pukitiang FC. I guess that's what bonded all of us together, being Pukis. Or PuKiz is your paraiah manner. I'm sure the rest are gonna miss you dearly. Addy, Parivin, Cinaport, Ah Peng, Kenya, Sappi Sam, Sappi Dan, Hari and even your brother, silently. After all, you are our favourite striker and the only defender I could trust. You really meant a lot to Pukitiang. I'm sure the boys and me are gonna find a hard time finding a replacement for you, and waiting till you serve time in the can isn't really a practical thing as well.

We could say we practically grew up together, or for the later part of our teens for that matter. I know your story and you know mine, although there's much of us still yet to be told. But whatever it is, we've been great brothers all these years.

So whatever it is Kirthi, we will have you in our hearts. We're definitely looking forward to your return, hopefully sooner the better.

So long bro, be a good boy in jail. Stay away from the anal rapists.


In Loving Memory
Kirthi 'Koothi' Ganesh Paramanathan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

im really touched dei..haha..nt terrified k..

Anonymous said...

im really touched dei..haha..nt terrified k..

Pathman said...

You didn't have to post twice, you fool. Anyway, how did you get to post? They have internet in the lock ups?

Anonymous said...

as u see the 1st 1 doenst have my name k..n yeah..we do have wi-fi in d lock ups..lol